Friday, September 11, 2009

My Monthly Diary Entry for August

Okay, okay, I know it is loooong past August, but Mommy and I were busy being on vacation at the end of August so I didn't have time to update my blog then.

Well, first off, at the end of last month I decided to eat a whole dead sparrow and then I stole and ate a slice of pizza the next day and the day after that I didn't feel so good. I clung to Mommy and she noticed that I had a blood smell so I had to go back on Carafate for three days. YUCK!! My tummy felt better though and I didn't throw up blood so Mommy caught the problem fast enough. The vet has told Mommy that she has to be sure that she has three days worth of Carafate on hand for me at all times.

This month I officially turned 9! I got a new toy, but no treats because I was still on restrictions from my ulcers. So, I decided to make my own treat late that night by eating the cover off of a softball that I found on one of my walks. I managed to keep the cover down for two days, but finally threw it up looking totally untouched. Mommy said at least there was no blood with the cover so I didn't have to go back on to the dreaded Carafate. I also ate a dead thing, but it didn't set off my ulcers so we are hoping that that means they are fully healed.

My restrictions on walks came off this month which is good so I have been able to add a little bit more to each walk and hike each week. I am up to 4 1/2 miles at a time now and am much happier. I will admit that I walk about 3 1/2 miles feeling great and then really feel tired and slow down for the last mile, but it is better than only being able to do one week. Mommy and I were hoping to do a 100 mile challenge that the forest preserves are doing, but we don't think we will make it at the rate we are going. Of all the years to break my back...

The best thing about the restrictions being off is that I was allowed to go up to Wisconsin with Mommy for a two week vacation. Now, we haven't told anyone this, but Mommy was trying to buy some land in Wisconsin when I hurt myself and it really looked like she was going to get it, but the deal fell through three weeks before closing, so no land for us. So Mommy's planned two week working vacation became a two week relaxing vacation for us. I was happy with that. I got to chase chipmunks, swim, take boat rides,

On my boat ride



and relax in the sun.


Auntie Naomi and Uncle Fred came to visit us on our vacation too so I got to have fun with them as well (although I wasn't allowed to play tug with Uncle Fred because Mommy felt that was going to be way too hard on my back). We also got to visit Mommy's friend Bob and I got to meet two of his kids, Manya and Mark and I saw Mark's hairless dogs, but I didn't get to say hi to them because Mark was trying to get going to a wedding. I would have liked to sniff those hairless dogs tho. Do they smell the same as dogs with hair?

When we got back from vacation I was really tired and I slept and slept. Mommy wanted to take me for a hike two days after we got back and I was happy to go, but I fell asleep in the car while we were sitting waiting for a train to pass.

Also FINALLY my restrictions on getting food from the feed store guys have been removed so I got to go visit them when we got home from vacation and get a treat. We are all very happy about that!

1 comment:

LouPeb said...

So glad to hear the restriction is off! *tail wags* Try not to eat things you're not supposed to eat though. Dead sparrow? eeeeew