Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Monthly Diary Entry for September

September has been full of hikes hikes hikes hikes. Mommy and I decided to see if we could make up for all our missed hikes for June and July and maybe even possibly manage to do 100 miles before the end of November (our county is having a 100 mile challenge which would have been nothing for us if I hadn't broken my back). Anyway we did 50 miles in September so I think we are going to make the 100 since I only have 37 miles left to go and two months to do them in. Keep your paws crossed for me!

I took lots of photos on my hikes until the MerlinCam fried its little brains. Mommy wrote the company where we got the MerlinCam from to ask if others have complained about this (or if the swim it took a few months ago finally did it in), but they didn't answer. Now Mommy has to decide if she is going to buy me another camera. Maybe I'll get a new one for Christmas.

Other than hiking, Mommy and I have been taking it easy in September. I get to go get cookies from the feed store guys and take normal walks again, although Mommy decided that a 6 mile morning walk followed by a 6 mile afternoon hike and then a 3 mile morning walk and a 5 mile afternoon hike in one weekend is a bit much for me these days even if they weren't pre back injury. So we are now going to not do long morning walks if we are planning long afternoon hikes and if we take a long morning walk, we will take a short afternoon hike.

Speaking of back injuries, Benji the terrier down the street's mom hurt her back and she can't walk Benji anymore so Kachina's family has been walking him, but the injury is taking much longer to heal than they expected and they can't walk him as much as they were so last night, after Mommy and I took our walk Mommy went off without me and then, while I was watching out the front window what did I see? Mommy walking Benji down our street!!!! I was highly offended. Benji is mean to me and tries to bite me and always barks at me when he sees me and Mommy is walking him and not me?!! I glared at them as they passed the house and then again as they passed going back to Benji's house. When Mommy came in I sniffed her and stuck to her like glue. She couldn't go into the next room without me following her right at her side. When she went to sit on the couch I sat on her. At bedtime I lay on top of her. She is not going to cheat on me again!

Finally, today Mommy and I were taking our morning walk when the sheriff's K-9 cop car drove by us. The German shepherd dog in the back THREW himself at the metal bars on his window barking, scratching, growling and threatening to eat me! I got all upset and barked back at him and kept looking over my shoulder for him for the rest of the walk home. Mommy said he is going to have to go back to the trainer for a refresher course, but I think he was just a big stupid bully. Anyway, about an hour after we got home I started to feel sick. I drooled and paced and wanted to sit on Mommy. Mommy gave me a 1/2 a Pepsid, but it didn't help so she called the vet. The vet said she thought my ulcer was acting up again and the scary dog could very well have been what set it off. She told Mommy to give me Carafate again. When I saw the Carafate syringe I decided I wanted to go out, but it didn't help. Mommy caught me and I had to take the icky stuff. Now I have to take it again for three days and my Pepsid is back up to 10 mg twice a day from the 5 mg twice a day we were down to (and we were about to cut me down to 5 mg once a day too!) Stupid GSD!! Mommy thinks she should bill the sheriff's office for my meds.

No comments: